Cheile Turzii


I love being in the mountains! Since I lived my whole life in a plain or lowland (or I don't know which English word should I use for this, but I hope you know what I am talking about: an area without hills or mountains :D), my heart always exploded everytime I spotted the blue and gray silhouettes of the mountains as a little girl, on the way to the summer camp. Although I am not a 8 years old girl anymore, I still get excited everytime I see the mountains.

We spent the first few days of the Easter holiday in Transylvania, Romania. I think the last time I was climbing mountain I was 11 years old and I am not really into sports either (except the yoga class every week). For example I didn't even have sport shoes until last week, can you believe it? :D We stayed in Turda, and hiked through Cheile Turzii - I'll definitely come back again because this place is so beautiful and so close to us (about 3,5 hours drive from Berettyoujfalu).

There are some steep or slippery parts along the stream but it was almost relaxing to walk there. But when we arrived to the end of the trail, a small glade we thought why not to follow the red tourist sign on the right side, which led us directly to the top of the mountain. It didn't seem to be too steep from below but just after a few minutes of climbing we were completely sick :D We were sweating and we could hardly breathe. But we didn't want to turn back so we climbed up to the top somehow and then climbed down on the other side. Of course it was worth it because the view was truly incredible. I had never eaten a homemade sandwich so happily as I did on the top of this small mountain. 

I swear, I could spend a weekend like this in every month! Grilling and watching the dance of the bonfire, while listening to the sound of the stream and the song of wild birds... Oh God, I only feel alive in the mountains. 




Imádok a hegyekben lenni. Igazi alföldi kislányként mindig óriásit dobbant a szívem, amikor a zötyögős kirándulóbusz ablakán először pillantottam meg a hegyek kékesszürke sziluettjét a távolban. Bár már nem vagyok 8 éves táborozó, ez azóta sincs másként. 

A húsvéti hosszú hétvége első két napját Romániában töltöttük. Azt hiszem, utoljára 11 éves koromban másztam hegyet, s azóta is kimerül abban mindennemű sprottevékenységem, hogy szeptember óta minimum heti egyszer próbálok jógázni... Mondok jobbat: rendes sportcipőm sem volt, így azt is most vettem kb. életemben először :D A Tordai-hasadéknál voltunk egyébként, ahol eddig még soha nem jártam, viszont biztosan visszajövök még néhányszor, mert csodaszép - és meglepően közel van hozzánk. (Berettyóújfalutól kb. 3,5 óra autóval).

A patak mentén is van néhány meredek, vagy veszélyes rész, de ott szinte pihentető volt végigsétálni. Utána viszont, amikor kiértünk a tisztásra, jobb oldalt követtük a piros turistajelzést a hegy tetejére. Lentről valahogy nem tűnt túl meredeknek, viszont pár perc után már majdnem kiköptük a tüdőnket - vissza mégsem fordulhattunk :D Így felcipeltük magunkat teljesen a hegytetőre, hogy a másik oldalon ugyanilyen meredek lejtőn, a száraz avaron csúszkálva, botladozva, káromkodva leereszkedjünk. Persze mindez megérte, mert ilyen gyönyörű látvány ritkán tárul a szemünk elé. Soha májkrémes kenyér nem esett még annyira jól, mint az, amit ott majszoltam el a hasadék fölött.

Minden hónapban el tudnék viselni egy ilyen hétvégét, esténként szalonnasütéssel a hegyek lábánál, miközben csak a patak zúgását és a madarak énekét halljuk. Istenem, ilyenkor érzem igazán, hogy élek.









Comments